MATERIAL LISTS FOR ART CLASSES WITH INSTRUCTOR TONY ARMENDARIZ
Listed by class title for all of Tony Armendariz's classes. Scroll down to find the material list for the class you are enrolled.
Watercolor Painting – The Next Steps
Arches 140 lb. watercolor block paper (cold press with the green cover) 10 x 14 min. size. Optional: 22 x 30 full sheets (cold press) cut down to quarter sizes.
1” flat brush
#8 and #14 round brush (Dick Blick Masterstroke series is good. So is Simmons)
Primaries (warms and cools) plus some earth tones. Winsor & Newton, Holbein, Daniel Smith, Cheap Joe’s, American Journey, brands are recommended.
Blues: Ultramarine Blue
Yellows: Lemon Yellow
Reds: Scarlet Lake or Winsor Red
Earth tones: Burnt Sienna
Green: Viridian Green
- Sally’s Graphite transfer paper for tracing
- Foam core or panel board for taping paper to
- Large plastic palette with individual paint wells and a large area for mixing
- Large container for water.
- #2 pencil
- Paper towels
- Masking tape or clips for holding down paper.
- Small Spray bottle
- Salt. Rock salt, kosher or table salt.