Teaching Artists Class Submission Guidelines
The Oak Park Art League is looking for professional, responsible and reliable teaching artists and art educators with at least 3 years teaching experience for part-time contract positions at our non-profit visual arts organization. Proposals are now being accepted for both five week class sessions and workshops.
- The content and subject of the class(es) you propose is open but will be accepted at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- If your proposal is accepted we will need a short teacher bio and image of headshot to add to the Instructor page on the OPAL website
- Commission split for teaching fees is as follows: 60/40% with the teaching artist retains the higher percentage.
- OPAL retains the right to charge a $30 background or police check for any teaching artist at any time.
- All OPAL education policies apply to all teaching artists.
In addition to class details (below), please include the following in your emailed proposal: An updated resume or CV (links) that includes relevant teaching experience, a link to your website or online photos of your work or teaching experience.
- Class Title
- Your name
- Target age group
- Day preference
- Time or duration of class
- Description of class or workshop (copy-ready/65 words or less)
- Minimum & maximum number of students you will accommodate
- Supply list
- Proposed price per student
- Promo image(s) of work made in the class