Exhibition Entry Guidelines
Unless otherwise noted in the Artist Call for Entries, The Oak Park Art League will hang all works submitted. The following guidelines apply to be included in exhibitions:
- All submitted work must have been created in the last 3 years and NOT exhibited at OPAL in the last 18 months.
- OPAL staff reserves the right to refuse work that does not comply.
- All entries must be of original design, suitably framed with hanging wire (NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS) and be thoroughly dry.
- All work must be accompanied with an entry fee and completed entry form and dropped off during the designated drop-off hours.
- HANGING FEES* (unless otherwise noted) for up to 2- 3 artworks per artist, depending on the exhibit theme. All work must be accompanied by the proper hanging fee to be included in the exhibit. OPAL members pay $15 for first piece/$10 for each additional piece (up to 3) Non-members pay $25 for first piece/$20 for each additional piece (up to 3)
*Entry fees support the expense of exhibit installation, judge honoraria, and awards
- Size restrictions for up to 3 artworks per artist are as follows: First piece may measure up to 48" in one direction. Additional pieces cannot exceed 36" in any direction
- Entries received after the advertised deadline (if allowed) will be assessed a $5/piece late fee.
- Should an artist not be able to make this deadline, it is the artist’s responsibility to make arrangements to have someone else drop off their work with their completed entry from and entry fee. Artist’s name and title of work to be attached to back of painting in addition to entry form. OPAL reserves the right to refuse any artwork or part of an artwork at any time.
- OPAL requests a 35% commission on any works sold through the Art League staff. For all work sold, sales tax will be collected by OPAL and paid to artist. It is the artist’s responsibility to pay sales tax to the state of Illinois.
- All entries must be picked up during the pick-up hours advertised for the show. Artists may not remove work earlier than the end date of the exhibition. Artists are to make arrangements for another to pick up their work, should they be unable to make the deadline. Any person picking up another artist’s work must have signed written permission from the artist.
- OPAL does not have storage facilities to store your work and will charge a $10 storage fee should they be forced to hold your work without prior arrangements. ANY ARTWORK THAT REMAINS UNCLAIMED, AFTER 3 MONTHS TIME WILL BECOME PROPERTY OF OPAL.
- It is recommended that artists carry their own insurance. All reasonable care will be taken with original art. By entry into these shows, the artist is agreeing that OPAL or its satellite galleries will not be held responsible for loss or damage of any works.
- Representatives of OPAL may photograph artwork or exhibit and use the images for promotional purposes.
- OPAL reserves the right to refuse to exhibit any artwork it deems offensive or harmful to the general public
ARTIST’S SIGNATURE REQUIRED ON EXHIBITION ENTRY FORM